Sunday, November 25, 2007

Identify the True Lion

Lion chasers need to know what a lion looks like. Wouldn't it be silly to chase a lion, slay it and only later find out it was a dog. You slay the lion. You dress it out nicely. You make a coat from the fur and you brag about the kill to your friends. You say, 'Hey look at my wonderful lion skin coat'. They say, 'That's no lion skin. That's a dog skin.' Pretty ridiculous right, but the point is the obvious problem may not be the lion for you to conquer.

Consider my tooth ache. It was an obvious problem that had to be solved. It seemed obvious that it was a lion that had to be slain. I could kill this lion. I had the solution. I could borrow money to pay the dentist to fix my tooth. But, my tooth ache and its incredible pain was not the lion. The lion was really the problem created because I had committed to living a life of no debt. That's when it was time to get God involved. This lion was not going to be slain without God's help. That is the way life is designed from the beginning of time to get us in a closer relationship with our heavenly Father. You make the choice.

No comments: